Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Barack Obama

The day I knew would come at last has come at last

I predicted about a year ago that it would happen, and alas, sadly, it has. Someone I work with said, and with a straight face, that he thought Barack Obama was the Anti-Christ. Thats right. . . you heard me. . . good old Satan in the flesh - the one from all those Timothy Lahaye books (well to be fair, you could say it was in the Bible first, although Lahaye has conveniently layed out all that Jewish Apocolyptic Literature for you (sigh))

I bring this up not to boast about my prophetic prowess, rather to point out how sadly predictable and scary some "christians" can be.

Think about this, someone is calling Obama=Satan, and is seriously meaning it. That then implies that everyone who votes for him is assumingly one of the lost who will spend an eternity in hell.

I could discuss this theologically for hours, and I have more questions than answers, but I don't think I am going overboard by saying this is somewhat ludicrous and maybe a tad extreme.

Here are my questions:

Is this a fear of religion, or race, or just democrats?

Will more right wing christians adapt this attitude?

What are those of us that see christianity and politics as being a lot more complicated to do?

If he is the anti-christ, can I vote for him and still like God better?

What is more important, the leader of our country or the leader of our heart?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are "extremists" on both sides. People that think Obama is the Anti-Christ and people that think he is their savior. I think the truth lies somewhere in between.