Tuesday, December 18, 2007

We’re half way there

I watched "Clash of the Choirs" last evening and I have several observations and thoughts.



1. I should have had more than one glass of wine, especially when I realized Michael Bolton was going to play air guitar.

2. They will put anything on TV in an effort to sell an idea or concept. The whole premise of the show is a competition for charity, but it has a million sponsors and new release movies rely on the success of this piece of crap show.

3. Most famous musicians know little to nothing about music. Surely I am not suggesting that knowledge of music theory is necessary for being able to produce or feel music, but you definitely need someone who understands basic concepts to lead a group of people in reading and singing music. I understand this irritates me because I majored in music and that makes me snobbish, but seriously.

4. If Nick Lachey is the pride of Cincinnati, we truly cannot have ANYTHING in this city.

5. There are much better things I could be doing with my time. We all waste time. We make up excuse after excuse for why we don't have time to read the bible, or do a service project or visit our grandma, or . . . but the truth is, the only reason a show like this exists on TV is because idiots like you and me watch it (even if it is just to make fun of it) And before you go saying "I don't waste time on lame shows", I will spend time to argue with you over your 300 different clichéd crime dramas or your 500th house cleaning/life changing remodeling show or umpteenth reality show.

6. When did "Livin' on a Prayer" become a choral number? Most show choirs know this is stooping too low.

7. How old is Patti Labelle? Probably ninety, but kudos to her for extensive face lifts and for stickin' in there. Actually, I think she can still sing.

8. Will most of these comments be wasted, since I am betting most of you did not suffer through the show? I wouldn't have either, but I was being social and it gave me fodder for today.

9. Who was that country guy, and will anyone not currently living in Tennessee recognize him?



If you ever have anything to say, or want to sound off, please reply or hit me up. My job allows me a lot of free time and I can always use something to do

No comments: