Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Turn on the magic of colored lights

Wow, it's interesting to note that I have received more responses with my critique of "Clash of the Choirs" than I have on many things prior. Not that I am complaining, but I am curious if its because I asked for replies, or if people just want to respond more to what's aggravating them. Maybe we are all just angry at something and we want to take it out on Kelly Rowland. Or maybe I really only have something to say when I am talking about pop culture. Either way, it's fascinating and perplexing, but keep up the responses. Argue with me or something. Let's debate serious questions like . . .






"Would you rather be machine-gunned to death by Lite-Brite pegs or be assassinated by Cabbage Patch Dolls?"



Favorite quote lately (paraphrased): You did X? You know there is an age limit on that sh*t, just like Fall Out Boy. -



Guess you had to hear that one in context





Between going and staying the day wavers, by Octavio Paz
Between going and staying the day wavers,
in love with its own transparency.
The circular afternoon is now a bay
where the world in stillness rocks.

All is visible and all elusive,
all is near and can't be touched.

Paper, book, pencil, glass,
rest in the shade of their names.

Time throbbing in my temples repeats
the same unchanging syllable of blood.

The light turns the indifferent wall
into a ghostly theater of reflections.

I find myself in the middle of an eye,
watching myself in its blank stare.

The moment scatters. Motionless,
I stay and go: I am a pause.


..> ..> ..>..> ..>..> ..>..> ..> ..>
..>..>..>
..> ..>

..>..>

No comments: