Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A few thoughts

Some of these I have read somewhere, and some I think are somewhat original . . . either way, they are going through my mind.

Sorry if credit is not always given where credit is due

Oh and this will jump around a lot. . . mostly to prevent you from skimming (and clearly, me needing to organize)



I wonder if pastors are upset that Braveheart has probably inspired more men than their sermons have?

Why do some people find it necessary to have a lame sense of humor? Example:

Me: "Did you get a haircut?"

Them: "Actually I got all of them cut"

Wow, isn't that original and inspiring. Almost as good as, "what's up?" . . . "The ceiling"

If you are using these types of jokes, please stop.

Which lends me to - why has our conversation become so meaningless and mundane? Why do we ask "how you doin'?" when we don't really care? Why is the weather the only thing we can find to talk about with a stranger?

Speaking of, just to clear the air, I have heard the Subway and jewelry jokes a million times. You are not the first, second or one thousandth person to corralate my name to the ex-fat guy who pumps subway sandwiches. I no longer want to acknowledge this trivial little sentiment. Where has our creativity gone?

JESUS HAS RETURNED TO EARTH - in the form of a store called IKEA. Wouldn't it be interesting if people cared one one-hundreth as much about their spirituality and love as they did trendy furniture?

I applaud many people for adopting the whole idea of buying "green." Its nice to see people understanding Creation care, and even if you don't believe in God, its great to see us taking interest in protecting the planet, and saving resources, for future generations. But CONSUMERISM is a funny animal. We have just replaced buying eco-hazardous materials with buying "green" ones. Sorry to say it, but this is not going to stop our problem. All this buying still creates high volumes of production and packaging. This world will get better when we stop buying so much stinkin stuff. Green is cool, but we need to stop spending period. But alas, what are the odds of that happening? After all, I do really want that PS3. . .

Activia yogurt is supposed to regulate your digestive system . . . all it really does is up your flatulation index . . . write that down

David Archuleta (American Idol) might be the biggest sham ever. Ok, so he can sing a little. Can he remember words? No. Does he possess more than one facial expression? No. Does he use his right hand as a Raptor like claw that never gets above his solar plexus? Absolutely.

Would it kill Myspace to offer spellcheck?

Can we keep it up with the responding to my blogs? I dig the feedback, and if you can take time to take 1 million surveys a week that all ask the same questions, you can certainly hit me up here.

Every 4 years in America we get a sickness. . . its represents itself with one major symptom - we believe politics to be the solution to all of our world's problems, the nation's crises, and our own dilemmas. Can I tell you something? Its not. Go ahead, write me off as a silly "christian" but I am going to tell you this anyway. Christians and Atheists alike can say Jesus was probably the most influential person in history - and he lived in opposition to the government. He knew something we fail to grasp. Change begins with You (Me). I am the problem. When we fix ourselves and begin to love - that remedies problems. If Jesus ran today, he could never get the money together to be elected, and I am quite confident he would lose anyway. Am I saying not to vote? Of course not. But the government is not the plan. You are.

Renee Zellweger is neither talented or attractive. She can single-handedly destroy a movie. Case in point: Leatherheads.

Also, a really neat online test that Harvard put together can basically "show" that one is racist: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/index.jsp

You need to check it out above - thanks John - also test biases on sexuality etc.

If you are not listening to Ray Lamontagne, you should be. His music is pure joy.

thats all I have for right now. . .more for later hopefully

No comments: